The Student Ambassador Fellowship is a designed for area high school students interested in pursuing higher education and/or professional careers in the visual arts. For 10-weeks this summer (June 4 – August 10, 2018), Fellows will be paired with a mentor from among the professional artist-instructors working at GoggleWorks. With mentor guidance—including studio instruction, project guidance, and material research, each Fellow will develop their artistic skills and working knowledge of processes and materials within the medium of their choice.
The Student Ambassador Fellowship provides at no cost:
- 20 hours of 1:1 mentorship
- shared studio space, accessible from 9am-9pm daily
- access to a communal studio of focus (ceramics, hot glass, warm glass, metalsmithing, photography, printmaking, or drawing/painting)
- 1 summer course/workshop
- bi-weekly check-ins, group and individual critiques, professional development
- offsite trip(s)
- culminating exhibition and reception
Now Accepting Recommendations
The Student Ambassador Fellowship is an invitational program to high school students living in Berks County and relies on a combination of art teacher recommendations, student interviews, and review of current work. If you are an art teacher working within Berks County and are interested in recommending a student, please fill out the form below.