Event Rental Supervisor
Schedule: 8-15hrs monthly
About GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
GoggleWorks is a place to develop skills, ask questions, experiment freely, and investigate the human spirit. Through exceptional arts education and engaging community programming, we inspire people to expand the boundaries of art making, personal growth, and appreciation for material culture. GoggleWorks supports aspiring, emerging, and established artists through year-round arts education, including workshops, classes, visiting artists, residencies, summer camps, studio access, and exhibitions. Additionally, GoggleWorks offers a robust schedule of community programs and special events; including Arts Festival Reading, monthly Spotlight Nights, and our After School Arts Program.
GoggleWorks’ mission is to nurture the arts, foster creativity, promote education, and enrich the community.
The Event Rental Supervisor must possess qualities of working with others in a team environment, will excel at interpersonal and customer service skills, and is highly organized. The ideal candidate must be able to handle higher levels of stress with grace under pressure. Attention to detail and the ability to provide a high level of customer service to our clients is essential.
The Event Rental Supervisor works independently and cooperatively with staff and reports directly to the Event Rental Director.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working during events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization as well as external contacts
- Solid decision making skills
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly desired
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to employment
- Communicate with clients and respond to needs during event to ensure they have a positive experience
- Update front desk with changes or notifications
- Greet event guests upon arrival and provide directions to event space
- Ensure that events run smoothly
- Work with vendors during event to ensure they are adhering to GoggleWorks policies
- Operate freight elevator as required
- Move tables and chairs, as needed
- Work with cleaning staff to ensure space is clean, trash is removed, and restrooms are stocked
- Assist vendors in removal of supplies
- Assist cleaning staff in removal of trash
- Close and lock GoggleWorks building at conclusion of event
Please submit the following information to Human Resources email@example.com
A letter stating why you are interested in the position.
Resume or work history.