GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is proud to announce a call for entries for its second annual cup exhibition featuring functional drinking vessels from all over the country: The Cup. This juried show’s mission is to celebrate the diversity of the cup while providing the opportunity for visitors to become owners of handmade ceramics. Proceeds from the exhibition will benefit each individual artist along with helping to support Ceramics at GoggleWorks.
About the Juror / Kurt Anderson
Originally from California, Kurt currently resides in western North Carolina. His inspiration comes from a lifetime of consuming graphic imagery from such sources as comic books, cartoons, and advertising logos. He hopes that by combining his visual iconography with functional forms, he can create something unique, yet truly universal. As GoggleWorks’ Fall 2017 visiting artist, Anderson will be on hand for the opening reception of The Cup., where he will be presenting an artist talk at 5:30pm on November 3rd. Anderson will teach a 2-day workshop, Fauxk: Unique and Inventive Surfaces at GoggleWorks on November 4th & 5th.
- Open to all ceramic artists 18 years and older residing in the U.S.
- All works must be primarily ceramic; mixed media works will be accepted only if ceramic materials are the primary media. The juror will make final determinations.
- Selections will be conducted from images of works. No substitutions will be allowed.
$25 for up to three entries. Artists may submit up to three entries with two images of each entry (including one detail). Submissions cannot exceed six images.
- Submission deadline: Extended, now September 24th
- Acceptance notifications: starting Monday, October 2nd
- Delivery of accepted work to GoggleWorks: by Friday, October 20th
- Exhibition on view: Monday, October 30th through Tuesday, November 21st
- Opening reception: Friday, November 3rd
- Return of unsold work: starting Monday, December 4th