Schedule: Monday and Wednesday 2pm-5pm; Tuesday and Thursday 2pm-9pm;
The Theatre Projectionist must possess exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to engage and interact with the public. They should have a passion for film and the mission of GoggleWorks Center for the Arts.
Located in the former Willson Goggle Factory building, GoggleWorks is the largest community arts center of its kind in the country. The five-story, 145,000 square-foot complex features six large teaching studios in ceramics, hot and warm glass, metalsmithing, photography, and woodworking; 35 juried studios for artists and makers working in a variety of media; and dozens of music, arts, and other cultural organizations. The complex also includes several major exhibition galleries, a 131-seat theatre, a cafe and STORE featuring the work of over 200 artists from GoggleWorks and beyond.
GoggleWorks transforms lives through unique interactions with art.
The Theatre Projectionist works independently and cooperatively with staff and reports directly to the Theatre Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to employment
- Ability to use a register, count change, handle cash, run a credit card machine, and manage end-of-day reports
- Ability to use basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including afternoons, nights and weekends
- Must pass and maintain criminal and child abuse clearances as required by law
Ensure all featured films run smoothly and on time and monitor show to ensure picture and sound quality.
Using Point of Sale system, sell tickets and concessions; reconcile the box office and concession money; and submit appropriate reports.
Act as customer service representative for GoggleWorks film theatre. Engage customers and maintain a welcoming atmosphere.
Prepare for and oversee private events. Position, install, and connect auxiliary equipment, such as microphones, amplifiers, lights, and media players.
Restock concession items and clean box office and popcorn machine.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com and answer the question, “What interests you about the theatre projectionist position?”