OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is proud to announce an open call of submissions for this year’s Art of the Cup exhibition. This juried exhibition will feature drinking vessels from artists all over the country. This is an open call for functional ceramic vessels only. This year’s Art of the Cup’s mission is to celebrate the diversity and intimacy of the cup while providing the opportunity for visitors to become owners of one of a kind handmade ceramics. Proceeds from the exhibition will benefit each individual artist along with helping to sustain GoggleWorks’ community programs. 2023’s Art of the Cup will be juried by GoggleWorks’ Art of the Cup Committee.
- Submission Deadline: Friday, August 4, 2023, all entries due by midnight
- Accepted/Rejected Emails Sent: September 1, 2023
- Artwork due at GoggleWorks by: Friday, October 13, 2023
- Artwork Intake: October 13, 2023 10am-6pm in GoggleWorks Ceramic Studio
- Exhibition Dates: October 27, 2023 – December 3, 2023
- Reception/Award Ceremony: Friday, November 3, 2023 6pm-8pm
- Artwork shipped back week of: December 11, 2023
- Artwork pick up beginning week of: December 11, 2023
- Open to all ceramic artists 18 years and older residing in the U.S.A.
- All work must be primarily ceramic. Mixed media work will be accepted only if ceramic materials are the primary media.
- Only functional drinking vessels will be accepted: cups, mugs, tea cups, tankards, tumblers, steins, tasters, goblets, etc. The jurors will make final determinations.
- All submissions must be for sale. GoggleWorks will conduct all sales through The New Store and will retain 40% commission on all sales. All proceeds will benefit each individual artist along with helping to sustain GoggleWorks’ community programs.
- Work must have been produced within the last two years.
- Selections will be made from images of works. No substitutions will be allowed.
- Artists may submit up to six entries with three images (including one detail) per entry, not to exceed 18 images.
- Image files for submission should be 300dpi minimum and smaller than 15mb
- Each submission must include artist’s name, title, year completed, type of clay, firing method, size (h x w x d), weight (lbs.), retail price and replacement value.
How to Apply
All submissions must be entered via our online submission form. Entrants must create a Submittable username and password, then log in to complete their submission. Applicants are allowed to submit up to five artworks. All applicants must submit a 75-100 word artist statement along with an answer to all other required fields. Please note that entries will be disqualified for failure to follow the submission guidelines/instructions.
Image Submission Guidelines
Please be prepared to submit the following when applying online:
- Images must be in .jpg format, max. 1500 x 1500 pixels, at 300 dpi.
- Video submissions may be entered as an .MP4 format.
- File names must be labeled: LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_TITLE_YEAR
- Artist must be ready to upload professional quality JPG images.
$5 per entry, up to six entries
Visit GoggleWorks Submittable page for more information and guidelines.