GoggleWorks is planning to announce some major news and we would like to invite you to a press conference at GoggleWorks on August 5, 2022 at 4:30pm regarding the expansion of its mission and work in the city. We intend to use the press conference to:
– announce our long-term vision for developing the campus as a public Art Park
– highlight how the project will respond to needs identified through an intensive process of community engagement
– reveal detailed designs and construction timeline for Phase 1 of the development
– announce significant funding for the project, including a lead gift from the County of Berks.
– announce a new food partner for indoor and outdoor operations, as well as several other key partners
– distribute a press release that covers many of these items
While there are a few whispers regarding our plans, this announcement is the first public milestone of over four years of planning, fundraising, and gathering community feedback. It’s exciting to announce many of the details for a project we are convinced will have a significant, sustained impact on access to arts and culture, education, green space, food, transportation, public services, safety, comfort, and even more.
The City of Reading is hosting its First Friday block party at GoggleWorks that day, and it’s the opening reception of a major exhibition called Put On: Imagination, Migration, and Identity by renowned artist Maria de Los Angeles in the Cohen Gallery. It seemed a fitting time to announce this message, in the midst of indoor/outdoor activities like those planned once the Art Park opens.
I want to invite you to the press conference and hope you will consider coming. We also welcome you to stick around for the evening’s First Friday activities. Do you think you will be able to make it out to cover the story?
Please RSVP below.