What’s included in my rental fee?
GoggleWorks offers the use of our loading dock, rolling carts, and freight elevators to assist you and your vendors with loading and unloading. For events with over 60 guests, an Event Rental Supervisor will be onsite. Cleaning staff will be onsite for all events. Security staff beyond standard hours and event insurance is available at an additional charge.
Tables and chairs from our inventory can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Tables are 6′ long (30″ x 72″) and chairs are black molded plastic with chrome legs (pictured above).
Add on rentals include:
- high tops = $6 each
- sweetheart table = $5
- laptop and projector = $50 per day
- 5′ projector screen = $10 per day
- lightweight easels (for signage) = $4 each
Can GoggleWorks accommodate both wedding ceremonies and receptions?
Absolutely. Some of our couples have had a small ceremony in one of our more intimate spaces, and then opened the reception up to family and friends in one of our larger rooms. The fun thing about having your wedding at GoggleWorks is that there are things for your guests to see and do while they await the reception.
What are the rules for decorating?
Whether you do it yourself, or hire a professional, there are important things to remember when decorating in our historical building:
- There is absolutely no use of confetti, glitter, fog machines, bubbles, or duct tape in the building.
- Please do not hang anything from the electrical conduits from the ceiling, our lights, or sprinkler system. The only suitable hanging area is from the I-beams on the ceiling.
- Please bring your own ladder for ceiling decorating, GoggleWorks cannot provide a ladder for you. You are welcome to decorate the beams that are placed throughout the room, however, the fabric must be flame retardant and you must supply GoggleWorks with a fire rating by giving us a copy of the MSDS or certificate.
- Any fabric used to create a wall may not be higher than 8’ and renters must supply GoggleWorks with a fire rating by giving us a copy of its MSDS or certificate for approval.
- False ceilings may not be created and any items hanging from the ceilings on the I-beams may not deflect the sprinkler system. Draping and materials must be submitted prior to installation for approval.
- No open flames are permitted during your event. If you are having a wedding ceremony that involves a unity candle, special arrangements can be made with the Events Rental Director.
How late can my event run?
GoggleWorks is open daily from 9AM-9PM, however events may last up to 11pm (with catering, DJ, and/or band exiting no later than one hour after event end time). If you would like your event to occur past 9PM, there is an additional staffing/security fee of $50.00 per hour starting at 9PM. Extended hours must be booked prior to your event day, with at least 30 days notice. You will not be permitted to extend the hours of your event at the time of the event.
Can we smoke at or inside of GoggleWorks?
There is no smoking inside GoggleWorks or on its campus; including the parking lot. Guests must use the public sidewalk area for smoking, off GoggleWorks grounds.
Do you have ample parking?
Yes, we do. GoggleWorks offers free, private and secure parking in our lot, which can be entered from 3rd, 2nd or Walnut Streets.
Does GoggleWorks offer any activities for groups?
Yes! GoggleWorks can provide your group with a private guided tour and/or a live demonstration in our Ceramics or Hot Glass Studios. For event coordinators looking for a more hands-on experience, we offer several private workshops taught by one of our professional artist instructors.