What’s included in my rental fee?
GoggleWorks offers the use of our loading dock, rolling carts, and freight elevators to assist you and your vendors with loading and unloading. We also offer a laptop projector and screen, podium with built-in microphone, and lightweight easels to accommodate presentations, speeches, and any signage necessary for your event.
Rental guests can reserve table and chairs from our inventory, on a first-come, first-served basis. Table inventory includes: 60 long – 30″ x 72″, 6 high tops – 30″ round, 40″ high, 1 sweetheart – 36″ round. Chair inventory includes: 290 black plastic molded with chrome plate legs, as pictured above.
During your event, an Event Rental Supervisor will be onsite, as well as cleaning staff. Security staff beyond standard hours and event insurance is available at an additional charge.
Can GoggleWorks accommodate both wedding ceremonies and receptions?
Absolutely. Some of our couples have had a small ceremony in one of our more intimate spaces, and then opened the reception up to family and friends in one of our larger rooms. The fun thing about having your wedding at GoggleWorks is that there are things for your guests to see and do while they await the reception.
What are the rules for decorating?
Whether you do it yourself, or hire a professional, there are important things to remember when decorating in our historical building:
- Please do not hang anything from the electrical conduits from the ceiling, our lights, or sprinkler system. The only suitable hanging area is from the I-beams on the ceiling.
- Please bring your own ladder for ceiling decorating, GoggleWorks cannot provide a ladder for you. You are welcome to decorate the beams that are placed throughout the room, however, the fabric must be flame retardant and you must supply GoggleWorks with a fire rating by giving us a copy of the MSDS or certificate.
- Any fabric used to create a wall may not be higher than 8’ and renters must supply GoggleWorks with a fire rating by giving us a copy of its MSDS or certificate for approval.
- False ceilings may not be created and any items hanging from the ceilings on the I-beams may not deflect the sprinkler system. Draping and materials must be submitted prior to installation for approval.
- No open flames are permitted during your event. If you are having a wedding ceremony that involves a unity candle, special arrangements can be made with the Events Rental Director.
- There is absolutely no use of confetti or glitter in the building.
How late can my event run?
GoggleWorks is open daily from 9AM-9PM, however events may last up to 11pm (with catering, DJ, and/or band exiting no later than one hour after event end time). If you would like your event to occur past 9PM, there is an additional staffing/security fee of $30.00 per hour starting at 9PM. Extended hours must be booked prior to your event day, with at least 30 days notice. You will not be permitted to extend the hours of your event at the time of the event.
Can we serve alcohol at our event?
Yes, if you provide GoggleWorks with a certificate of insurance covering GoggleWorks for up to $1,000,000 (one million dollars). We suggest that you work with your homeowner’s insurance agent to meet your requirements.
If you choose to serve wine or beer, you may use a responsible adult (21+) to serve the alcohol. If you are serving hard liquor, a licensed bartender must be hired to serve the alcohol. Please note that alcohol service must end half an hour prior to the end time of your event.
Can we smoke at or inside of GoggleWorks?
There is no smoking inside GoggleWorks or on its campus; including the parking lot. Guests must use the public sidewalk area for smoking, off GoggleWorks grounds.
Do you have ample parking?
Yes, we do. GoggleWorks offers free, private and secure parking in our lot, which can be entered from 3rd, 2nd or Walnut Streets.
Does GoggleWorks offer any activities for groups?
Yes! GoggleWorks can provide your group with a private guided tour and/or a live demonstration in our Ceramics or Hot Glass Studios. For event coordinators looking for a more hands-on experience, we offer several private workshops taught by one of our professional artist instructors.