GoggleWorks seeks an experienced Development Director who will have a dual role as a strategic leader and a hands-on fundraiser. In this new position, the Development director will:
- Design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that supports the growth and expansion of GoggleWorks’ vision over the next 3-5 years as well as ongoing operational sustainability.
- Support the Executive Director in all aspects of individual and corporate giving, including annual appeal, major gifts, planned giving, and donor communications.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with stakeholders, coordinate major donor meetings, administer grant needs and reports, monitor and grow the endowment fund, and analyze donor data.
- Collaborate with the Finance Director, Director of Administration, Signature Events Manager, Marketing Team and Programs Team
● 5 or more years of nonprofit development experience, preferably in the region.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional work experience.
● Experience strategizing and leading the solicitation of major gifts preferred.
● Familiarity with skills and tactics of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual donors, foundations and corporations.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient and background managing projects.
● Collaborative and creative thinking to develop individual, donor-centered stewardship plans.
● Knowledge of and experience with Zoho CRM, Raisers Edge or comparable fundraising CRM.
● Proficiency in and ability to quickly learn Google suite software (Gmail, Gcal, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.).
● Capable of working a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
● Ability to work independently with little supervision.
● Design a comprehensive fundraising strategy that supports planned expansion over the next 3-5 years as well as ongoing operational sustainability.
● Engage visitors and other stakeholders, cultivating relationships to be developed into committed donors, members, partners, students, and volunteers.
● Develop, implement and document a comprehensive stewardship program for donors and prospects.
● Strategize and design campaigns, categories, naming rights, and sponsorship levels.
● Strategize to leverage current assets, opportunities, and partnerships for long-term development of contributed and/or earned revenue.
● Arrange and attend donor meetings with the Executive Director.
● Create donor communications using multichannel streams to acknowledge donor gifts and promote the beneficial impacts of donor generosity.
● Develop creative strategies to acknowledge, recognize and steward major gifts donors.
● Regularly report to the Board and serve on relevant committees.
● Collaborate with marketing and administration teams to design and deliver impact report and annual appeal.
● Work collaboratively with Signature Events Manager and other colleagues to plan and execute donor relations events, including streamlined and timely communication for print/digital invitations, attendance management, program, and post event follow-up.
● Support GoggleWorks Executive Director in cultivating meaningful relationships with and delivering personalized stewardship to top donors.
● Sustain a positive and mutually rewarding relationship between colleagues and stakeholders to maintain a donor-centered approach in delivering high-quality donor communications and events.
● Track and acknowledge donations and pledges and maintain hard copy files.
● Recognize donors through various opportunities including donor walls, publications, and other opportunities.
● Assist the Marketing team with creating news stories for the website, seek out media attention via press releases for news coverage, e-blast invitations, event reminders, thank you emails, and social media recognition, etc.
● Run queries, exports, and reports to support fundraising efforts and assess performance.
● Keep informed of community news and politics as well as trends in the fields of philanthropy, fundraising, nonprofit management, and arts and culture.
● Maintain highest level of confidentiality relating to donor information, reports, letters, etc.
About GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
Located in downtown Reading, PA, GoggleWorks operates in a former goggle factory and is composed of 145,000 square feet of creative space. The 501c3 nonprofit offers year-round arts education, including workshops, classes, and visiting artists; community outreach programs; a summer residency; youth programs and camps; 35 on-site studio artists; the Albert and Eunice Boscov theater; three galleries for exhibitions; the Berks LaunchBox maker space; and over a dozen vibrant educational studio environments-hot glass, wood, printmaking, warm glass, textiles, drawing and painting, music, metals, ceramics, photography, virtual reality, and urban gardens. For more information visit www.goggleworks.org.
GoggleWorks’ mission is to transform lives through unique interactions with art.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume at the following link:
GoggleWorks Development Director