The Development Coordinator is responsible for engaging visitors, current and prospective donors, and members; assisting with fundraising initiatives and events; and carrying out a variety of administrative efforts. The Development Coordinator will serve alongside an immediate team of Community Ambassadors and New Store retail personnel on the ground floor of the main building on the GoggleWorks campus. As such, the Development Coordinator will provide outstanding guest experiences and internal support to all visitors, students, artists, arts partners, and staff that frequent our spaces and retail area.
Their driving purpose will be to deliver memorable interactions with each of our funders, prospective funders, and guests, leaving a positive, lasting impression of GoggleWorks which embodies our core values of: accessibility, collaboration, artistic and operational excellence, and social equity and inclusion. This position is multi-faceted with a need for attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is a nonprofit that transforms lives through unique interactions with art. Located in the former Willson Goggle Factory building, GoggleWorks is the largest community arts center of its kind in the country. The five-story, 145,000 square-foot complex features six large teaching studios in ceramics, hot and warm glass, metalsmithing, photography, and woodworking; 35 juried studios for artists and makers working in a variety of media; and dozens of music, arts, and other cultural organizations. The complex also includes several major exhibition galleries, a 131-seat theatre, a cafe and STORE featuring the work of over 200 artists from GoggleWorks and beyond.
The Development Coordinator works independently and cooperatively with the staff and Board and reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in an administrative or customer service position. Work for nonprofit organizations, particularly in development, preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Database management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication; Spanish language fluency a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel or Google Suite
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to follow directions
- Engage visitors and other stakeholders, cultivating relationships to be developed as committed donors, members, partners, and volunteers.
- Track and acknowledge donations and pledges and maintain hard copy files
- Manage development database, create donor lists, and run reports as needed
- Administer day-to-day membership operations, facilitating member and donor communications, and provide support for member questions and website technical support for members
- Arrange and sometimes attend donor meetings with the Executive Director
- Manage Board of Director and Board Committee meeting materials
- Communicate with Board members, coordinate attendance and meeting minutes
- Monitor and manage the grant calendar and provide support for grant research and grant writing efforts
- Serve alongside Community Ambassador, New Store, and other “front of house” personnel in order to serve and learn the needs of visitors and prospective donors:
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for every guest at GoggleWorks with an emphasis on delivering a consistent, positive experience to all
- Accurately complete sales including, but not limited to retail items, memberships, gallery artwork, gift cards, studio rentals and materials purchases, concessions and film tickets as required
- Act as a spokesperson for the artists featured in our retail space and galleries by learning about their artwork and using that knowledge to engage with our guests
- Answer phones to resolve questions regarding GoggleWorks’ offerings, directing calls to the appropriate departments/persons when necessary
- Assist in training new staff members
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising events and attend committee meetings
- Offer leadership and assistance in concept design, mail preparation, coordinating invitations, and other tasks for fundraising campaigns, including an annual appeal and The Fund for the Future of GoggleWorks.
- Respond to requests and distribute donations to local nonprofits for fundraising events
- Distribute mail to appropriate staff members
- Assist the Director of Operations and Executive Director as necessary
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.