This is a part time position, scheduled 20-30 hours per week. Applicants must be available nights and weekends, including Sundays.
To apply, please email a resume or job history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clean, mop, and sanitize bathrooms
- Sweep and mop floors throughout a five story building
- Remove trash in offices, classrooms, and bathrooms
- Clean, sweep, mop, and remove trash following events in rental spaces
- Clean, mop, and sanitize kitchens
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Ability to follow directions, interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, evaluating, organizing and innovation.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Must be able to move continuously during work hours
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed
- Be available to handle emergencies and special situations requiring immediate attention
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Must pass and maintain criminal and child abuse clearances as required by law
The Custodian will maintain the GoggleWorks facilities in good physical condition with a clean and neat appearance.
Located in the former Willson Goggle Factory building, GoggleWorks is the largest community arts center of its kind in the country. The five-story, 145,000 square-foot complex features six large teaching studios in ceramics, hot and warm glass, metalsmithing, photography, and woodworking; 35 juried studios for artists and makers working in a variety of media; and dozens of music, arts, and other cultural organizations. The complex also includes several major exhibition galleries, a 131-seat theatre, a cafe and STORE featuring the work of over 200 artists from GoggleWorks and beyond.
The Custodian works independently and cooperatively with staff and reports directly to the Custodian Manager.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.