Schedule: Part-time, 30 hours per week
About GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
GoggleWorks is a place to develop skills, ask questions, experiment freely, and investigate the human spirit. Here we create a dialogue between the established and the experimental, the contemporary and the traditional. Through exceptional arts education and engaging community programming, we inspire people to expand the boundaries of art making, personal growth, and appreciation for material culture. GoggleWorks supports aspiring, emerging, and established artists through year-round arts education; including workshops, classes, visiting artists, residencies, summer camps, studio access, and exhibitions. Additionally, GoggleWorks offers a robust schedule of community programs and special events; including Arts Festival Reading, monthly Spotlight Nights, and our After School Arts Program.
GoggleWorks’ mission is to nurture the arts, foster creativity, promote education, and enrich the community.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts seeks a detail-oriented and highly organized candidate for the position of Communications Coordinator, who will assist in communicating the programs and offerings of GoggleWorks with the purpose of increasing visitor/audience engagement and maximizing the impact of GoggleWorks’ programs.
The Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Marketing Director
Marketing Director, Artistic Director, Exhibitions Coordinator, Director of Retail and Visitor Experience
- Social media content creation
- Ensure the timeliness of content on GoggleWorks’ website, blog, and social media accounts in a style and manner consistent with brand standards and tone and based on communications/content calendar
- Maintain database/tagging of contacts; draft and distribute electronic emails to target audience segments based on communications/content calendar
- Assist in promotions of recurring and special events through distribution of print, digital promotions
- Maintenance of onsite wayfinding signage and promotional communications
- Organizing & archiving GoggleWorks’ visual brand assets, including images, video
- Assist in the archiving of key communications, marketing, and more throughout the year
- Assist in production of printed marketing materials (content writing, proofing)
- College degree and/or at least 2 years experience working in communications/marketing
- Bilingual Spanish and English highly desired
- Ability to work self-directed and within a small group; manage several projects at once and meet critical deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to produce content in a number of different writing styles (e.g. newsletters, website content, blog articles, and social media posts) and have a basic understanding of consistent organizational voice and tone
- Previous experience managing corporate or organizational social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) preferred
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) as well as experience with digital photography and video production
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel; working knowledge of WordPress preferred
- Previous experience with MailChimp preferred
- Passion for GoggleWorks’ mission and community
Please submit the following in one PDF: cover letter – resume – at least 2 relevant writing samples – links/images to view portfolio, as well as any relevant web and social media account links to email@example.com.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.