Where will the event be taking place?
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
201 Washington Street
Reading, PA 19601
What are the days and times of the event?
- December 4th & 5th, 2021, 10am – 5pm
Will face coverings be required for artists and visitors this year?
- While the future is unknown, we do expect masks to continue to be advised for large events. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the governor’s recommendations.
Will all the artist be on one floor?
- As with past events, artists will be placed throughout 4 of the floors within the GoggleWorks building. A freight elevator is available to help move works among the floors.
Will there be live music?
- We are planning for live music and performances at this year’s AFR event.
How many people will be let in?
- We are exploring options to manage the flow of visitors at this time. Our primary goal it to ensure we do not exceed the capacity permitted by state and local ordinances.
Where do I apply?
Do you know the size of the booth I will be assigned to? What floor am I on?
- While we ask you to specify your preferred booth size once accepted, booth placement is ultimately at the discretion of the festival and will be determined by art medium, pricing, and availability. You will receive your booth & floor assignments in your official accepted artist packet closer to the event.
Will we have access to electricity?
- You will have the option to add the electricity add-on when you pay your artist fees. Please bring your own extension cords as our supply is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
Will I have access to an elevator?
- Yes! We have two large freight elevators that you will be able to utilize during set-up and breakdown.
I need curtains for my booth – do I have to bring those?
- A three sided booth is required, if you do not own one we do have professional panels available for rent.
Do I have to pay for the city permit separately?
- No, a city permit / vending license is included in your artist fees. We will send you the paper form to be filled out in your accepted artist packet. Please return the filled out form no later than the first day of set-up. You will not be allowed to begin set-up without the completed form.
I am traveling from out of town to participate in the festival, do you have any hotel recommendations?
- We sure do! The DoubleTree right here in Reading, PA is a great option. It is only a few short blocks from campus and we have worked with them on several occasions.
I am an emerging artist, so I don’t currently have photos of my booth – can I still apply?
- Of course! If you don’t currently have a picture of your booth set-up, please submit an image of your work being displayed in a setting other than your studio.