Schedule: 15-25 hours per week, dependent on availability
Compensation: Based on experience, commission on retail sales, free class per semester
About GoggleWorks Center for the Arts
GoggleWorks is a place to develop skills, ask questions, experiment freely, and investigate the human spirit. Through exceptional arts education and engaging community programming, we inspire people to expand the boundaries of art making, personal growth, and appreciation for material culture. GoggleWorks supports aspiring, emerging, and established artists through year-round arts education, including workshops, classes, visiting artists, residencies, summer camps, studio access, and exhibitions. Additionally, GoggleWorks offers a robust schedule of community programs and special events; including Arts Festival Reading, monthly Spotlight Nights, and our After School Arts Program.
GoggleWorks’ mission is to nurture the arts, foster creativity, promote education, and enrich the community.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts seeks a friendly and enthusiastic person for the position of Community Ambassador, who will be responsible for providing outstanding guest experiences and internal support to all of the GoggleWorks community that frequent our spaces. Their driving purpose will be to deliver memorable interactions with each of our guests, leaving a positive, lasting impression of GoggleWorks which embodies our mission. This position is multi-faceted with a strong emphasis on the new retail space and meaningful relationship building.
The Community Ambassador reports directly to Director of Retail & Visitor Experience and collaborates with all staff.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for every guest at GoggleWorks with an emphasis on delivering a consistent, positive experience to all.
- Accurately complete sales including, but not limited, to retail items, memberships, gallery artwork, gift cards, studio rentals and studio materials purchases using a laptop and point of sale system.
- Act as a spokesperson for the artists featured in our retail space and galleries by learning about their artwork and using that knowledge to engage with our guests and to drive retail sales.
- Answer phones to resolve questions regarding GoggleWorks’ offerings, directing calls to the appropriate departments/persons when necessary.
- Maintain the appearance of our retail space according to guidelines
- Passion for the visual arts, commitment to GoggleWorks’ mission and willingness to learn about and embrace the local community
- People-person with an outgoing, positive attitude and the ability to translate a passion for art objects into sales
- Professional and conversational, with strong oral and written communication skills; Bilingual in English/Spanish highly desired
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as independently, to build relationships with both regular and first-time visitors
- Previous experience working in retail or a strong desire to learn how to engage with people in a retail setting
- Capable of working a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends to accommodate a robust schedule of programming and events
Please submit the following information to Tess Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter stating why you are interested in the position.
- Resume or work history.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.