GoggleWorks’ Artist Studios, located on the 2nd and 3rd floor of our main building, are designed for emerging and established artists who are serious about pursuing their art in the professional setting of a community facility. Although artists may display and sell work from their studios, the studio’s primary function is space to create work.
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts believes that art and the creative process should be accessible to all. GoggleWorks Studio Artists are a vital component of our community and contribute to the visitor experience at our center. GoggleWorks Studio Artists are required to volunteer their time for six hours per month, as well as agree to have their studio open to the public at least 20 hours per week during our hours of operation (9am-9pm, daily). In exchange, monthly rental rates of our Artist Studios are highly subsidized.
Criteria for Consideration
A GoggleWorks Studio Artist should:
- demonstrate a commitment to their career through an existing body of work
- have achieved a high degree of creative and technical ability, display obvious talent, and have nurtured an individual vision
- create original artwork (i.e. the artwork must be the artist’s original concept and produced by the artist)
- show a proven ability in their chosen medium through a combination of participation in juried exhibitions, professional experience, and in the case of emerging artists, references from teachers and/or mentors
If you meet the above criteria and wish to submit an application for consideration, you will need to include the following, plus a $10 application fee.
- artist statement (1 page or less)
- current resume/c.v.
- 10-15 pieces of representative work with summary page including title, medium, size, and date of execution
- additional relevant support materials (i.e. reviews, recommendations, etc.)